HARRISBURG – The Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC) today announced appointments to its Consumer Advisory Council, which provides input to Commissioners on consumer-related issues.
The Commission reappointed the following members to two-year terms from July 2005 through June 2007: Cynthia J. Datig, Joseph Dudick Jr.; Harry S. Geller; Thomas A. Leach; Dr. Daniel M. Paul; and Liz Robinson. The Commission appointed new members to the Council: Diana Bender; Robert A. Christianson; John Detman; and Joseph Minott.
The Commission also ratified the following appointments of other state officials: Joseph H. Capozzolo; Renardo J. Hicks; Cheryl R. McAbee; Linda Roth; Howard Shakespeare; and A. Courtney Yelle.
The following are Commission-appointed members:
Diana Bender is the President of the PA Relay Service Advisory Board. She resides in Chester County.
Robert A. Christianson is a retired PUC Chief Administrative Law Judge. He resides in Cumberland County.
Cynthia J. Datig serves as the Executive Director of the Dollar Energy Fund Inc. She resides in Allegheny County.
John Detman is the Aging Services Supervisor in the Department of Aging Office of Program Management. He resides in Dauphin County.
Dauphin County resident Joseph Dudick Jr. is the President of Dynamic Strategies.
Harry S. Geller is the Director of the Public Utility Law Project (PULP). He resides in Dauphin County.
Thomas A. Leach is the Business Manager and Financial Secretary of Local Union 126. He resides in Montgomery County.
Philadelphia resident Joseph Minott is the Executive Director of the Clean Air Council.
Schuylkill County resident Dr. Daniel M. Paul is the President of Partners in Distance Learning.
Liz Robinson is the Executive Director of the Energy Coordinating Agency of Philadelphia. She resides in Philadelphia.
The following members were appointed by other state officials:
- Joseph H. Capozzolo is the Mayor of Bangor Borough in Northampton County. He was appointed by Sen. Lisa M. Boscola, Minority Chair, Senate Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure Committee (D-Northampton).
- Renardo L. Hicks is a managing partner in the law firm of Anderson, Gulotta & Hicks in Harrisburg. He resides in Dauphin County and was appointed by Gov. Edward G. Rendell.
- Cheryl R. McAbee is a Partner with McAbee, Terrell and Associates. She resides in Allegheny County. She was appointed by Rep. Joseph Preston Jr., Minority Chair, House Consumer Affairs Committee (D-Allegheny).
- Chester County resident Linda Roth is the Senior Executive Director of Communications at Drexel University College of Medicine. She was appointed by Rep. Robert J. Flick, Majority Chair, House Consumer Affairs Committee (R-Chester).
- Clearfield County resident Howard Shakespeare is the owner and President of H. Shakespeare and Sons Inc. He was appointed by Lt. Gov. Catherine Baker Knoll.
- Bucks County resident A. Courtney Yelle is a realtor with Prudential Fox and Roach Realtors in Newtown. He was appointed by Sen. Robert M. Tomlinson, Majority Chair, Senate Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure Committee (R-Bucks).
The Consumer Advisory Council advises the PUC Commissioners on matters related to the protection of consumer interests under the jurisdiction of the PUC. Council meetings are open to the public.
The Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission ensures safe, reliable and reasonably priced electric, natural gas, water, telephone and transportation service for Pennsylvania consumers, by regulating public utilities and by serving as stewards of competition.
For recent news releases, or more information about the PUC, visit our Internet homepage at www.puc.state.pa.us.
# # #