Navigation Menu Bullet Welcome
Navigation Menu Bullet Login
Navigation Menu Bullet Create Account
Navigation Menu Bullet Technical Assistance
Navigation Menu Bullet eFiling FAQs

Welcome to eFiling

eFiling News & Updates

eFiled documents have a file size limit of 10 megabytes (MB). Check out eFiling Subscriptions for instructions on why and how to sign up for eFiling. For a list of qualified documents that are eligible for eFiling, see Size of Qualified Documents and Paper Copy Requirements. The PUC also began the Elimination of Additional Paper Copy Filing Requirements.

eFiling permits consumers, utilities and attorneys to file certain documents electronically with the Commission without filing paper copies, serve documents electronically on other parties if they agree to such service, and to receive electronic service of documents from the Commission. The eFiling process is intended to permit individuals to initiate formal proceedings with the Commission by the filing of a Qualified Document. A listing of those Qualified Documents can be obtained by clicking here. When registering to use eFiling, eFilers will be asked to provide information, including their name, the party they represent, their address and their email address if they agree to receive service of documents electronically.

In order to electronically file documents with the Commission, you will first need to create an eFiling user account. If you have not yet created an eFiling user account, you can create an individual account or a corporate account at any time.

For an explanation of how to create an eFiling account and how to electronically file documents, please review the Quick eFiling User Guide.

Large Filing Guidelines - Guidelines when filing 250+ pages with the Commission.

If you do not wish to file electronically, you should file a paper document with the Secretary of the Commission at 400 North Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120. Filing of paper documents should follow the Commissions formal rules at 52 Pa. Code Section 1.1 et seq.

If you do not wish to initiate a formal Commission proceeding, one that involves formal Commission hearings and/or processes, you may wish to contact the Commissions Bureau of Consumer Services at 1-800-692-7380 or you may file an informal complaint with the Commission.

You may view a copy of the eFiling regulations (as stated in the Commision's final rulemaking order) by clicking here.

You can view the eFiling User Guide by clicking on the Technical Assistance link on the left hand menu.

The PUC has prepared an Electronic Service of Formal Complaints Secretarial Letter and Waiver regarding Electronic Service of Formal Complaints. By completing the waiver form contained in the Secretarial Letter, utilities may (1) waive the requirement for the Commission to serve formal complaints by certified mail and (2) agree to accept electronic service (eService) of all formal complaints served upon them.

***Important Browser Compatibility Notice***