Be Utility Wise Events
Be Utility Wise is a signature PUC Consumer Education program that began in the 1980s and has continued annually since.
The goal of the Be Utility Wise program is to educate those in the front line of Health and Human Services. Be Utility Wise expands knowledge and increases awareness about utility topics such as affordability, customer assistance programs, family support services, conservation, and promotes healthy living in PA. It’s a free professional development education program promoting and connecting valuable community resources to help those in need.
Topics of Interest
Attendees can learn about the following topics and more:
- Utility Customer Assistance Programs
- LIHEAP and LIHWAP
- Conservation Weatherization Tips
- Limited-Income Budgeting
- SNAP/Food Bank
- Family Support Services
- Hardship Funds
- And More…
Be Utility Wise Resources
Philadelphia Be Utility Wise - March 22, 2023
Johnstown Be Utility Wise Agenda - November 9, 2022 - Video Playlist of Conference Sessions
- LIHEAP Update - PA Department of Human Services - Video
- Food Security & SNAP Application Assistance - Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank - Video
- Video of Housing Resources & Programs Panel
- Pennsylvania Assistance Programs - FirstEnergy - Video of Utility Assistance Programs Panel
- Peoples Customer Assistance Program - Peoples Gas - Video of Utility Assistance Programs Panel
- Columbia Gas Customer Assistance Programs - Columbia Gas of PA - Video of Utility Assistance Programs Panel
- Budgeting and Rising Inflation - Advantage Credit Counseling Service - Video
- Community Overview - Catholic Charities - Video
- Fill Your Cup - Discover Self Care - Alexa Mapstone - Video
Pittsburgh Be Utility Wise Resource Guide - February 22, 2022.
- Webinar Video
- Pittsburgh Financial Empowerment Center Program - Advantage Credit Counseling Services
- LIHEAP and LIHWAP - PA Department of Human Services
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program - Allegheny County Assistance Office
- PA Homeowner Assistance Fund - PA Housing Finance Agency Consultant
- Allegheny Housing Service - Fayette County Community Action Agency Inc.
- Legal Service - PA Utility Law Project
Philadelphia Be Utility Wise Video - December 15, 2021.
Berks County Be Wise Resource Guide - Date 2021.
Tri-Region Be Utility Wise Resource Guide - Dated 2019 for the Harrisburg area event.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton/ Hazelton Resource Guide - Dated 2019.
Johnstown Be Utility Wise Resource Guide - Dated 2019.
Pittsburgh Be Utility Wise Resource Guide - Dated 2019.
About the PUC
- PUC Actions Related to COVID-19
- Career Opportunities
- Commission Testimony
- Consumer Advisory Council
- Consumer Education and Outreach Services
- Utility Assistance Programs
- Consumer Programs and Publications
- Educational Videos
- Consumer Events
- Be Utility Wise Events
- Winter Utility Bill Checklist
- Contact Us
- National List of Utility Commissions
- Offices and Staff Directory
- Request for Proposals
- Public Meetings & Hearings
- Press Releases
- Utility and Service Types
Learn how to submit a complaint with a public utility. You can also search existing formal complaints.Get Details
Need More Help?
If you can't find what you're looking for here, please contact the PA Public Utility Commission. Call us at 1-800-692-7380 or contact us online.
Public utility documents available electronically include case dockets, public meeting orders and more.
Filing & Resources
Find utility-related reports, laws and regulations, federal filings, tariffs, procedures and more.
Consumers, utilities and attorneys can save time by submitting documents to the PUC electronically.