Electric Competition Law
House Bill No. 1509
Amending Titles 15 (corporations and unincorporated associations) and 66 (public utilities) of the Pennsylvania consolidated statutes, providing for generation choice for customers of electric cooperatives and utilities; further providing for definitions; reenacting procedural requirements for taxicab certificates and medallions; providing for restructuring of the electric utility industry; and further providing for taxation.
The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania hereby enacts as follows:
Title 15 of the Pennsylvania consolidated statutes is amended by adding a chapter to read: Chapter 74 - Generation Choice for Customers of Electric Cooperatives.
Chapter 74 shall be known and may be cited as the Electricity Generation Choice for Customers of Electric Cooperatives Act.
Filing & Resources
- Federal Filings
- File or Obtain Information
- Related Links & Resources
Issues, Laws & Regulations
- Electronic Data Exchange
- Section 1329 Applications
- AEPS Act
- Act 13 Impact Fee
- Act 127 (Pipeline Act)
- Port Authority Act 61
- Right to Know Policies and Procedures
- Act 120 of 2018 Working Group
- Electricity Issues
- Telecommunications Issues
- Rail Issues
- Motor Carrier Issues
- Pipeline Issues
- Water/Wastewater Issues
- Natural Gas Issues
- Verizon PA and Verizon North Joint Petition for Reclassification
- Global Telephone Order
- En Banc Hearings on Wholesale Energy Markets
- En Banc Hearing on Implementation of Supplier Consolidated Billing
- Electric Retail Markets
- Electric Competition Law
- EDC Service Outage Response Reports
- Demand Side Response
- Chapter 56 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Chapter 27 Railroad
- American Recovery & Reinvestment Act
- Alternative Ratemaking Methodologies
- Advanced Metering
- Act 129
- Provider of Last Resort
- Triennial Review Order
- System Improvement Charges Act 11 of 2012
- Rules Governing Termination, Reconnections, Payments, Cash Deposits
- Regulatory Information
- Railroad Regulations
- Policies to Mitigate Potential Electricity Price Increases
- Natural Gas Competition
- Regulatory Agenda
- Court Decision Summaries
Need More Help?
If you can't find what you're looking for here, please contact the PA Public Utility Commission. Call us at 1-800-692-7380 or contact us online.
Public utility documents available electronically include case dockets, public meeting orders and more.
Filing & Resources
Find utility-related reports, laws and regulations, federal filings, tariffs, procedures and more.
Consumers, utilities and attorneys can save time by submitting documents to the PUC electronically.