Chapter 56 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
Standards and Billing Practices for Residential Public Utility Service
2019 Chapter 56 Final Rulemaking
Final Rulemaking Order - Rulemaking to amend the provisions of 52 Pa.Code, Chapter 56 to comply with the amended provisions of 66 Pa. C.S. Chapter 14. Public Meeting of February 28, 2019 at Docket No. L-2015-2508421.
2017 Chapter 56 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
Order Seeking Additional Comments - At Docket No. L-2015-2508421, the Commission asked for additional comments on the rulemaking to amend the provisions of 52 Pa. Code, Chapter 56 to comply with the amended provisions of 66 Pa. C.S. Chapter 14. Public Meeting of July 12, 2017.
2016 Chapter 56 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Order - At Docket No. L-2015-2508421, the Commission asked for comments on the rulemaking to amend the provisions of 52 Pa. Code, Chapter 56 to comply with the amended provisions of 66 Pa. C.S. Chapter 14. Public Meeting of July 21, 2016.
2011 Chapter 56 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
Information and comments regarding the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that will revise the PUC's regulations at 52 Pa. Code Chapter 56, to ensure they are consistent with Act 201 of 2004, also known as Chapter 14, can now be found on the PUC's Consumer Information page.
The Revised Final Rulemaking Order was adopted at the Public Meeting of June 9, 2011, at Docket No. L-00060182. The order was entered on June 13, 2011.
- Revised Final Rulemaking Order
- Revised Final Report to IRRC
- Revised Annex A
- Revised Attachment 1
- Revised Attachment 2 - Significant Revisions
- Revised Attachment 3 - Cost Savings
- Revised Attachment 4 - 14/56 Cross Reference
- Revised Attachment 5 - 56/14 Cross Reference
- Revised Attachment 6 - PFA Cross Reference
On Sept. 25, 2008, PUC proposed rules that will update its regulations dealing with residential utility service standards in order to make those regulations consistent with legislative changes regarding how utilities address delinquent residential accounts.
The Notice of Proposed Rulemaking will revise the PUC's regulations at 52 Pa. Code Chapter 56, to ensure they are consistent with Act 201 of 2004, also known as Chapter 14. The Commission also used the opportunity to address other issues with Chapter 56 including updates needed due to technological advances such as electronic billing and payments, e-mail and the internet.
Filing & Resources
- Federal Filings
- File or Obtain Information
- Related Links & Resources
Issues, Laws & Regulations
- Electronic Data Exchange
- Section 1329 Applications
- AEPS Act
- Act 13 Impact Fee
- Act 127 (Pipeline Act)
- Port Authority Act 61
- Right to Know Policies and Procedures
- Act 120 of 2018 Working Group
- Electricity Issues
- Telecommunications Issues
- Rail Issues
- Motor Carrier Issues
- Pipeline Issues
- Water/Wastewater Issues
- Natural Gas Issues
- Verizon PA and Verizon North Joint Petition for Reclassification
- Global Telephone Order
- En Banc Hearings on Wholesale Energy Markets
- En Banc Hearing on Implementation of Supplier Consolidated Billing
- Electric Retail Markets
- Electric Competition Law
- EDC Service Outage Response Reports
- Demand Side Response
- Chapter 56 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Chapter 27 Railroad
- American Recovery & Reinvestment Act
- Alternative Ratemaking Methodologies
- Advanced Metering
- Act 129
- Provider of Last Resort
- Triennial Review Order
- System Improvement Charges Act 11 of 2012
- Rules Governing Termination, Reconnections, Payments, Cash Deposits
- Regulatory Information
- Railroad Regulations
- Policies to Mitigate Potential Electricity Price Increases
- Natural Gas Competition
- Regulatory Agenda
- Court Decision Summaries
Need More Help?
Public utility documents available electronically include case dockets, public meeting orders and more.
Filing & Resources
Find utility-related reports, laws and regulations, federal filings, tariffs, procedures and more.
Consumers, utilities and attorneys can save time by submitting documents to the PUC electronically.