Policies to Mitigate Potential Electricity Price Increases
On May 17, 2007, the Commission entered a Final Order (Docket No. M-00061957) outlining the need for a statewide consumer-education campaign to prepare electricity ratepayers for potential increases, as well as provide information about energy efficiency, conservation and demand side response. The PUC has directed its Office of Communications to convene interested stakeholders to develop a statewide consumer-education campaign to prepare electricity ratepayers for potential increases, as well as provide information about energy efficiency, conservation and demand side response. The Commission completed its review of these plans and has approved them, with some modifications, in 2008. The Commission is now monitoring plan implementation.
Secretarial Letter - Reminds electric distribution companies of the obligation to submit consumer-education plans. Dated December 11, 2007.
EDC Consumer-Education Plans - The Consumer-Education Plans from each electric distribution company.
Best Practices - As of January 1, 2008.
Implementation Plan - As of December 13, 2007.
Agenda - Stakeholders Meeting held on January 28, 2008.
Tentative Order - The Commission issued a Tentative Order that identifies policies for mitigating the effect of electricity price increases. The Commission seeks public comment on the policies identified in this Tentative Order. Comments are due March 5, 2007. Docket No. M-00061957.
Comments - Comments filed on March 5, 2007.
Secretarial Letter - Notice of a interested stakeholders meeting related to Consumer Education Dated May 25, 2007.
En Banc Hearing
The PUC Commissioners presided over a public hearing on June 22, 2006, to review the policies to mitigate potential electricity price increases.
Agenda - En Banc Hearing Agenda
Press Release - The press release that announces the hearing. Dated June 20, 2006.
Order - The order from Commissioner Terrance J. Fitzpatrick's motion from the Public Meeting of May 19, 2006.
Statement - A statement by Commissioner Bill Shane regarding Commissioner Fitzpatrick's motion from the Public Meeting of May 19, 2006.
- $1 Energy
- AK Steel Corporation
- Allegheny Conference on Community Development
- Allegheny County
- Citizen Power - Reply Comments
- Competitive Energy Markets Coalition (CEM) - Reply Comments
- Constellation Energy Group - Reply Comments
- Constellation NewEnergy/NRG Energy - Reply Comments
- Customized Energy Solutions
- David Magnus Boonin
- DEP - Department of Environmental Protection - Reply Comments
- Direct Energy Services - Reply Comments
- Dominion Retail - Reply Comments
- Duquesne Light Company - Reply Comments
- EEI - Edison Electric Institute
- EPGA - Electric Power Generation Association
- Energy Association of Pennsylvania (EAP) - Reply Comments
- FirstEnergy Companies - Reply Comments
- Hess Corporation - Reply Comments
- IECPA - Industrial Energy Consumers of PA - Reply Comments
- J3 Energy Group
- Kenneth W. Davidson - PE, CEM, CEP
- Maureen Mulligan Communications Consulting - Reply Comments
- NEM - National Energy Marketers
- OCA - Office of Consumer Advocate - Reply Comments
- OSBA - Office of Small Business Advocate - Reply Comments
- PA Food Merchants Association
- PA SBDC - Pennsylvania Small Business Development Center
- PECO Energy - Reply Comments
- PJM Interconnection - Reply Comments
- PPL Electric Utilities - Reply Comments
- PV Now
- PA Food Merchants Association
- Reliant Energy - Reply Comments
- RESA - Retail Energy Supply Association - Reply Comments
- Strategic Energy - Reply Comments
- TMI Alert
- UGI Utilities - Electric Division
- US Steel - Reply Comments
- West Penn Power - Reply Comments
Filing & Resources
- Federal Filings
- File or Obtain Information
- Related Links & Resources
Issues, Laws & Regulations
- Electronic Data Exchange
- Section 1329 Applications
- AEPS Act
- Act 13 Impact Fee
- Act 127 (Pipeline Act)
- Port Authority Act 61
- Right to Know Policies and Procedures
- Act 120 of 2018 Working Group
- Electricity Issues
- Telecommunications Issues
- Rail Issues
- Motor Carrier Issues
- Pipeline Issues
- Water/Wastewater Issues
- Natural Gas Issues
- Verizon PA and Verizon North Joint Petition for Reclassification
- Global Telephone Order
- En Banc Hearings on Wholesale Energy Markets
- En Banc Hearing on Implementation of Supplier Consolidated Billing
- Electric Retail Markets
- Electric Competition Law
- EDC Service Outage Response Reports
- Demand Side Response
- Chapter 56 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Chapter 27 Railroad
- American Recovery & Reinvestment Act
- Alternative Ratemaking Methodologies
- Advanced Metering
- Act 129
- Provider of Last Resort
- Triennial Review Order
- System Improvement Charges Act 11 of 2012
- Rules Governing Termination, Reconnections, Payments, Cash Deposits
- Regulatory Information
- Railroad Regulations
- Policies to Mitigate Potential Electricity Price Increases
- Natural Gas Competition
- Regulatory Agenda
- Court Decision Summaries
Need More Help?
Public utility documents available electronically include case dockets, public meeting orders and more.
Filing & Resources
Find utility-related reports, laws and regulations, federal filings, tariffs, procedures and more.
Consumers, utilities and attorneys can save time by submitting documents to the PUC electronically.