Title 66 of the Public Utility Code is available online at Unofficial Purdon's Pennsylvania Statutes from West. Scroll down to Title 66 Pa. C.S.A. Public Utilities, and select that link. Title 66 is also available through the Pennsylvania General Assembly website.
Public utilities are regulated under Title 52 (Public Utilities) of the Pennsylvania Code, available online at www.pacode.com.
- Chapter 1 - Rules of Administrative Practice and Procedure
- Chapter 3 - Special Provisions
- Chapter 5 - Formal Proceedings
Any proposed regulation or changes to existing regulations must go through a lengthy review process. They are printed in the Pennsylvania Bulletin for public comment and are reviewed by the Independent Regulatory Review Commission House Consumer Affairs Committee, Senate Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure Committee, Attorney Generals Office, and Governors Budget Office.
Filing & Resources
- Federal Filings
- File or Obtain Information
- Related Links & Resources
Issues, Laws & Regulations
- Electronic Data Exchange
- Section 1329 Applications
- AEPS Act
- Act 13 Impact Fee
- Act 127 (Pipeline Act)
- Port Authority Act 61
- Right to Know Policies and Procedures
- Act 120 of 2018 Working Group
- Electricity Issues
- Telecommunications Issues
- Rail Issues
- Motor Carrier Issues
- Pipeline Issues
- Water/Wastewater Issues
- Natural Gas Issues
- Verizon PA and Verizon North Joint Petition for Reclassification
- Global Telephone Order
- En Banc Hearings on Wholesale Energy Markets
- En Banc Hearing on Implementation of Supplier Consolidated Billing
- Electric Retail Markets
- Electric Competition Law
- EDC Service Outage Response Reports
- Demand Side Response
- Chapter 56 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Chapter 27 Railroad
- American Recovery & Reinvestment Act
- Alternative Ratemaking Methodologies
- Advanced Metering
- Act 129
- Provider of Last Resort
- Triennial Review Order
- System Improvement Charges Act 11 of 2012
- Rules Governing Termination, Reconnections, Payments, Cash Deposits
- Regulatory Information
- Railroad Regulations
- Policies to Mitigate Potential Electricity Price Increases
- Natural Gas Competition
- Court Decision Summaries
Need More Help?
Public utility documents available electronically include case dockets, public meeting orders and more.
Filing & Resources
Find utility-related reports, laws and regulations, federal filings, tariffs, procedures and more.
Consumers, utilities and attorneys can save time by submitting documents to the PUC electronically.