Chapter 27 Railroad
Railroad businesses must construct, maintain and operate lateral railroads or private sidetracks.
The PUC has jurisdiction over the construction, relocation, suspension and abolition of public highway-railroad crossings.
Learn about the regulation of public utilities under Title 52 (Public Utilities) of the Pennsylvania Code.
Filing & Resources
- Federal Filings
- File or Obtain Information
- Related Links & Resources
Issues, Laws & Regulations
- Electronic Data Exchange
- Section 1329 Applications
- AEPS Act
- Act 13 Impact Fee
- Act 127 (Pipeline Act)
- Port Authority Act 61
- Right to Know Policies and Procedures
- Act 120 of 2018 Working Group
- Electricity Issues
- Telecommunications Issues
- Rail Issues
- Motor Carrier Issues
- Pipeline Issues
- Water/Wastewater Issues
- Natural Gas Issues
- Verizon PA and Verizon North Joint Petition for Reclassification
- Global Telephone Order
- En Banc Hearings on Wholesale Energy Markets
- En Banc Hearing on Implementation of Supplier Consolidated Billing
- Electric Retail Markets
- Electric Competition Law
- EDC Service Outage Response Reports
- Demand Side Response
- Chapter 56 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Chapter 27 Railroad
- American Recovery & Reinvestment Act
- Alternative Ratemaking Methodologies
- Advanced Metering
- Act 129
- Provider of Last Resort
- Triennial Review Order
- System Improvement Charges Act 11 of 2012
- Rules Governing Termination, Reconnections, Payments, Cash Deposits
- Regulatory Information
- Railroad Regulations
- Policies to Mitigate Potential Electricity Price Increases
- Natural Gas Competition
- Regulatory Agenda
- Court Decision Summaries
Need More Help?
Public utility documents available electronically include case dockets, public meeting orders and more.
Filing & Resources
Find utility-related reports, laws and regulations, federal filings, tariffs, procedures and more.
Consumers, utilities and attorneys can save time by submitting documents to the PUC electronically.