EDC Consumer Education Plans
Pursuant to the Commission’s May 17, 2007, Final Order (Docket Number M-00061957), each electric distribution company (EDC) under the PUC's jurisdiction has filed a proposed consumer-education plan that is tailored to their service territory. These plans were all filed by the deadline of Dec. 31, 2007.
The Commission will review each plan and issue a Tentative Order approving, rejecting or modifying each plan. Thereafter, the EDC and interested parties will have 30 days to file comments or request an evidentiary hearing before the Office of Administrative Law Judge. If no comments or petitions are filed within the 30-day period, the Tentative Order will become final. If comments or petitions are filed, the Commission will consider the comments and issue a Final Order and/or refer the matter to the Office of Administrative Law Judge for hearings. For further clarification, please contact PUC Manager of Communications, Tom Charles at (717) 787-9504.
To view comments and orders related to the EDC Plans, go to the PUC's Search for Documents page, and search by each of the docket numbers listed below.
Met-Ed - Docket No. M-2008-2032261
Penelec - Docket No. M-2008-2032262
Penn Power - Docket No. M-2008-2032263
Filing & Resources
- Federal Filings
- File or Obtain Information
- Related Links & Resources
Issues, Laws & Regulations
- Electronic Data Exchange
- Section 1329 Applications
- AEPS Act
- Act 13 Impact Fee
- Act 127 (Pipeline Act)
- Port Authority Act 61
- Right to Know Policies and Procedures
- Act 120 of 2018 Working Group
- Electricity Issues
- Telecommunications Issues
- Rail Issues
- Motor Carrier Issues
- Pipeline Issues
- Water/Wastewater Issues
- Natural Gas Issues
- Verizon PA and Verizon North Joint Petition for Reclassification
- Global Telephone Order
- En Banc Hearings on Wholesale Energy Markets
- En Banc Hearing on Implementation of Supplier Consolidated Billing
- Electric Retail Markets
- Electric Competition Law
- EDC Service Outage Response Reports
- Demand Side Response
- Chapter 56 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Chapter 27 Railroad
- American Recovery & Reinvestment Act
- Alternative Ratemaking Methodologies
- Advanced Metering
- Act 129
- Provider of Last Resort
- Triennial Review Order
- System Improvement Charges Act 11 of 2012
- Rules Governing Termination, Reconnections, Payments, Cash Deposits
- Regulatory Information
- Railroad Regulations
- Policies to Mitigate Potential Electricity Price Increases
- Natural Gas Competition
- Regulatory Agenda
- Court Decision Summaries
Need More Help?
Public utility documents available electronically include case dockets, public meeting orders and more.
Filing & Resources
Find utility-related reports, laws and regulations, federal filings, tariffs, procedures and more.
Consumers, utilities and attorneys can save time by submitting documents to the PUC electronically.