Total Resource Cost Test
Act 129 of 2008 directs the Commission to use a Total Resource Cost (TRC) test to analyze the costs and benefits of the energy efficiency and conservation plans that certain electric distribution companies are required to file. Act 129 defines the TRC test as “a standard test that is met if, over the effective life of each plan not to exceed 15 years, the net present value of the avoided monetary cost of supplying electricity is greater than the net present value of the monetary cost of energy efficiency conservation measures.” 66 Pa. C.S. § 2806.1(m).
Phase IV of Act 129
2021 TRC Test
2021 TRC Test Final Order - Final order on the TRC Test for Phase IV of Act 129. From the Public Meeting of December 19, 2019, at Docket No. M-2019-3006868. Entered December 19, 2019.
- Avoided Costs Calculator (ACC) - MS-Excel spreadsheet calculation model to develop avoided costs for Phase IV.
- Incremental Measure Cost Database - Dated July 1, 2020.
Tentative Order - Tentative order on the TRC Test for Phase IV of Act 129. From the Public Meeting of September 19, 2019, at Docket No. M-2019-3006868. Entered September 19, 2019.
- Proposed Avoided Costs Calculator (ACC) - Proposed MS-Excel spreadsheet calculation model to develop avoided costs for Phase IV.
Comments for M-2019-3006868
Reply Comments for M-2019-3006868
- SUPPLEMENTAL REPLY COMMENTS - DUQUESNE LIGHT
- ADDITIONAL REPLY COMMENTS - EAP
- REPLY COMMENTS - BUILDING PERFORMANCE ASSOCIATION
- REPLY COMMENTS- PA-EEFA
- REPLY COMMENTS - DUQUESNE LIGHT
- REPLY COMMENTS - ENERGY ASSOC OF PA
- REPLY COMMENTS - OCA
- REPLY COMMENTS - MET-ED ET AL
- REPLY COMMENTS - MEIUG ET AL
- REPLY COMMENTS - PECO
Phase III of Act 129
2016 TRC Test
Final 2016 TRC Test Order - Final Order on the TRC Test for Phase III of Act 129. From the Public Meeting of June 11, 2015, at Docket No. M-2015-2468992. Entered June 22, 2015. Joint Motion from Commissioners Cawley and Witmer.
Tentative Order - Tentative order on the TRC test for Phase III of Act 129. From the Public Meeting of March 11, 2015, at Docket No. M-2015-2468992. Entered March 11, 2015. Statement by Commissioner Cawley regarding the tentative order.
Comments for M-2015-2468992
Reply Comments for M-2015-2468992
Phase II of Act 129
2013 TRC Test
TRC Test Order - Order on the TRC test for Phase II of Act 129. From the Public Meeting of August 30, 2012, at Docket No. M-2012-2300653. Entered August 30, 2012.
Tentative Order - Tentative order on the TRC test for Phase II of Act 129. From the Public Meeting of May 24, 2011, at Docket No. M-2012-2300653. Entered May 25, 2011.
Comments for M-2012-2300653
Reply Comments for M-2012-2300653
Phase I of Act 129
2011 TRC Test
Docket No. M-2009-2108601
2009 TRC Test
Docket No. M-2009-2108601
Filing & Resources
- Federal Filings
- File or Obtain Information
- Related Links & Resources
Issues, Laws & Regulations
- Electronic Data Exchange
- Section 1329 Applications
- AEPS Act
- Act 13 Impact Fee
- Act 127 (Pipeline Act)
- Port Authority Act 61
- Right to Know Policies and Procedures
- Act 120 of 2018 Working Group
- Electricity Issues
- Telecommunications Issues
- Rail Issues
- Motor Carrier Issues
- Pipeline Issues
- Water/Wastewater Issues
- Natural Gas Issues
- Verizon PA and Verizon North Joint Petition for Reclassification
- Global Telephone Order
- En Banc Hearings on Wholesale Energy Markets
- En Banc Hearing on Implementation of Supplier Consolidated Billing
- Electric Retail Markets
- Electric Competition Law
- EDC Service Outage Response Reports
- Demand Side Response
- Chapter 56 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Chapter 27 Railroad
- American Recovery & Reinvestment Act
- Alternative Ratemaking Methodologies
- Advanced Metering
- Conservation Service Providers
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation (EE&C) Program
- Electric Distribution Company Act 129 Reporting
- Act 129 Statewide Evaluator (SWE)
- Technical Reference Manual
- Total Resource Cost Test
- Training Certifications for Weatherization Installations & Audits
- Smart Meter Technology Procurement and Installation
- Default Service Regulations Rulemaking
- Provider of Last Resort
- Triennial Review Order
- System Improvement Charges Act 11 of 2012
- Rules Governing Termination, Reconnections, Payments, Cash Deposits
- Regulatory Information
- Railroad Regulations
- Policies to Mitigate Potential Electricity Price Increases
- Natural Gas Competition
- Regulatory Agenda
- Court Decision Summaries
Need More Help?
If you can't find what you're looking for here, please contact the PA Public Utility Commission. Call us at 1-800-692-7380 or contact us online.
Public utility documents available electronically include case dockets, public meeting orders and more.
Filing & Resources
Find utility-related reports, laws and regulations, federal filings, tariffs, procedures and more.
Consumers, utilities and attorneys can save time by submitting documents to the PUC electronically.